The Woman in the Window

Search This Blog

Saturday 7 May 2016

Life after Depression, Domestic Violence and losing the ability to create pictures from words.

I think I may be back.

It's been nearly six years since a nervous breakdown stole every day from me since my last post here.

I've been to the edge and felt such fear.

Everything about everything has changed for me. I am now single, live far away from my past life, studied Creative Writing at uni, been through domestic violence and yet made some good friends and learnt a lot about the world and my little place in it. Oh, and set my hair free to be its curly self.

Three years ago, at uni, I managed to write a few stories. This year I've felt well enough to write novels again. Slowly, slowly - as my therapist keeps saying.  And she's right - slowly, slowly...

I've missed you all, especially Lane Mathias, Helen Hunt, Cally Taylor, Lucy Diamond, Flowerpot, Karen, all the Kates, Captain Black and all the other 'Novel Races,' How well you've all done!' Proud of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment