The Woman in the Window

Search This Blog

Saturday 16 May 2009

First Edition


I’m a big fan of First Edition magazine, although I do wish they’d stop playing around with arty backgrounds so we can actually read all of the poems and short stories.

Last month Spiral Skies - never know if it’s okay to print real names or not – had a wonderful short story in First Edition and this month Lane had a great poem published by them.

Congratulations to both writers.

I’ve submitted my second to last assignment to my tutor on the Open University’s Creative Writing Course. In June I’ve opted to send the first three chapters of a novel rather than poetry or nonfiction. This week I’ll be writing an eighteenth draft of my first chapter.

Or wiping off those felty lines of dust you get between the skirting boards and the carpets.

10 comments:

  1. Ooh, there you are!

    You are most welcome to use my name - I'm the most un-anonymous blogger ever!

    Ugh. Don't mention the OU. My ECA is due to be posted on Tuesday. Unfortunately, I haven't actually written it yet. Would you like me to come and dust your skirting boards?

    Nice new home by the way. *Nods wisely, like a writer would*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I must get that next time I venture into town. I loved Spiral's story in the last one, and I can't wait to see Lane's poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new blog. Down with housework!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny Maltby. I googled you and found you and Lane here:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Or not there. Where's the linky thing gone. I wanted to insert this into the comemnts: www.firsteditionpublishing.co.uk/links
    It lists you and Lane.

    Helen - are the cats still bringing home mice takeaways?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cover of this months FE. Agree though, that some of the typesetting is very iffy.

    If you leave those felty lines long enough, it beomes a good source of insulation come winter:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cover of FE, and congratulations to Jen and Lane too.

    Step away from the skirting boards and get on with your writing woman!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done and keep up the good work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lane - I'll get my mum on to it. She's always writing to the Times so she's good at complaining.

    Debs - You are right, Debs. What was I thinking of?

    Tam - Thank you Tam:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love First edition too :)

    How long did it take them to get back to you all about submissions?

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete