The Woman in the Window

Search This Blog

Wednesday 10 August 2016

There's firsts for everything in life - first kiss, first baby, first bereavement, first fight...first fight? Me?

It started on Sunday evening.  I'd gone to my local where a band was playing. The music was so loud, your ears fizzed and right in front of the speaker danced a man and his dog.  The little terrier's dance was one of pain.  His ears lay flat against his head and he kept jumping up at the owner,  a small, thin man so drunk his eyes looked like those of a corpse. 

Every knows (don't they?) how a dog's ears are up to 10,000 times more sensitive than a human's so the pain that small dog was going through can only be imagined.

The owner and I exchanged words.  He was angry with me and I with him.  But It wasn't him that I fought. A woman who I'd been friends with came up to me and demanded to know why I'd unfriended her.  I walked away into the night but before I'd reached my house, this person, her husband and a pack of her mates surrounded me and my partner.  It was frightening and annoying at the same time.  I'm upset just remembering it so I will write about the fight tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment